Edsby Holiday Meme Contest
O come all ye faithful, and design something fun with Edsby showing your holiday cheer.
Act quick! You’ve got until December 19th.
Design an Edsby graphical meme that’s fit for the season. Something that shows Edsby in your favorite holiday context… regardless of your favorite holiday. Post it to Instagram or Twitter by the end of the day December 19th, 2018 with the hashtag #edsby. The most popular design(s) win public acknowledgement on Edsby’s social media channels, bragging rights, and their winning image(s) reproduced on merchandise shipped to them.
Help show that little blue robot/alien lovers can have better taste than this.
Download an Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) scalable vector version of the Edsby logo as a starting point. Or any other Edsby images you find on the Internet. Change or recolor as you see fit. Add stuff. Use memegenerator.net. Or not. The sky’s the limit, within common decency. See below.
- A meme is anything that gets passed around because it’s cool. It doesn’t have to mean a still with white, blocky overlayed text. Get creative.
- Think of something that could translate well onto T-shirts and merchandise. Animation = not so good.
- Your work can be shared anywhere you like, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Reddit. But it’s only going to be seen for this contest if it gets posted to Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #edsby.
So… just who is this Edsby, anyway?
Gender-ambiguous. Intergalactic. Interspecies. The cheeky young time-travelling progeny of an Andorian and a colorful industrial metalworker, Edsby had a famous paternal grandfather and grandmother. The identities of his/her maternal grandparents have been lost to intergalactic lore. A distant cousin is in telecom. Another is in entertainment. Edsby is here to help our planet improve its teaching effectiveness. A favorite pastime is travel.
- Your work must be original – don’t just submit something someone else has done.
- You MUST include the #edsby hashtag and post to Twitter and/or Instagram or your work will not get seen.
- Submit as many entries as you like, just make sure they are original.
- The submission deadline is midnight Pacific, Wednesday, December 19th, 2018. Submissions after that time will not be considered. Winner(s) announced Friday, December 21st, 2018.
- Winners will be selected on the basis of entries’ popularity on Twitter and Instagram and Edsby staff judgement.
- Prizes are non-transferable.
- For any contestant under the age of 18, prizes will be sent to a parent or legal guardian.
- Edsby reserves the right to suspend, modify or terminate the contest due to insufficient quality or quantity of entries.
- Violence, profanity, sexually explicit content, libel and/or attacks on individuals or organizations may not be depicted in any form. Memes should not invade privacy, reveal other people’s personal information or exhibit predatory behavior. Memes must not contain material that promotes discrimination based on race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or age. Edsby reserves the right, at its sole discretion, at any time, to disqualify any entry it deems to be offensive, inappropriate, derogatory, and/or libelous or not in keeping with the competition theme, or that is otherwise not in compliance with the contest rules.