Edsby streamlines grading, attendance and other classroom management, and gives teachers ways to make their classes shine.
Edsby pulls it all together for teachers
There are a million and one things teachers need to deal with. Enter Edsby. It automates much of teachers’ administration work, gives teachers better insight into students than they’ve ever had, and enables new, more efficient ways to communicate with parents and enroll them as partners in the academic success of their students.
Edsby helps teachers run their classes
The Edsby class, a Facebook-like timeline, is the heart of Edsby. Teachers get one for each class they teach. But student and parent data isn’t painstakingly entered and managed by the teacher. It comes automatically from the school or district’s databases, without teachers having to do anything. Teachers can post notes in their classes, or create assignments and assign homework. Students can easily ask questions and post information of their own. Even shy students learn from others.
A grade book in every class
Each Edsby class includes a powerful grade book that allows teachers to use their preferred grading and evaluation scheme and make anecdotal and formative assessments. Grades are easily shared with students and parents. Teachers can even make subjective comments and exercise professional judgement on students’ grades.
The whole picture for each student
Edsby tracks and can filter and display recent and relevant conversations and developments for all the kids a student teaches. Whether it’s changes to a student’s address, or other teachers posting a grade or a discipline event, Edsby makes sure teachers see what they need to know in a secure area, available only to teachers and school staff.
Teachers can make notes about students and observations about their learning progress. They can also see what students’ workloads look like and whether they’re getting assignments in on time in other courses.
Improved parental engagement
Edsby gives parents their own special accounts to log in and see the academic status of their children. It presents kids’ homework, attendance, the specifics of what they’re being taught in each class each day and their performance in each course. Parents get a realtime view of how their students are doing without teachers needing to do anything extra.
Edsby tracks details of every parent so teachers don’t have to. Teachers also see the exact rights that each parent has with regard to their children—critical in today’s world of blended families. And when the time comes to email parents with updates, secure permission for field trips or to book parent-teacher interviews, Edsby lets teachers do it easily without having to maintain parent contact info themselves.
- Parent-Teacher Interview for Teachers
- Previous school year archives
- Classes Overview
- Classes: Journal
- Classes: Perspective
- Classes: The Planner
- Classes: Seating Plan
- Printing a student list
- Navigating between classes
- Gradebooks: Overview
- Gradebooks: Edit Weighting
- Gradebooks: Importing Grades
- Gradebooks: Class specific Progress Alerts
- What do students see when they log into Edsby?
- What do parents see when they log into Edsby?
- Preparing for Report Cards
- Report Cards
- My Students zoom
Sharing Student Evaluation
Reordering Classes and Groups
Sharing links to web sites
Ontario: Edit Weighting
Messsage to parents
Submitting an article
Creating your Parent Account
Frequently Asked Questions
- Edsby login basics explained
- Who has access to my classes, and how do I control this?
- How do I copy an assessment to other classes or dates?
- Creating and printing student rosters
- Easy navigation between classes
- Creating bonus grades and assessments
- Flagging overdue assessments
- Can I change my Edsby profile picture?
- Gradebook: How do I copy the same grade to multiple students?
- Gradebook: Do empty buckets have weight?
- Gradebook: Why can a perfect grade cause an average to drop?
- Importing a CSV file into Edsby’s Gradebook
- Where is my Report Card?
- Submitting assignments online with Edsby
- Formatting text with the CKEditor